Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Format date and number

By
Mark Lambert
on 10/24/13, 2:20 PM 2,239 views

Hey,

I just started with Open ERP and hav ea problem with formats.

Dates and numbers are presented in US format. I read that this can be changed in settings - translation, but in my settings panel I only have 'load translations' as an option under translations ? And in my preferences i set : Flemisch Language and Tome zone Brussels.

Can someone help me ?

Kind regards,

Borni DHIFI

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/borni

Borni DHIFI
On 10/24/13, 7:52 PM

hi,

in form user chek Technical Features

then goto menu settings>>Translations>>Languages

image description

martin mueller
On 10/24/13, 11:32 PM

Go to Settings > Users > Administrator to edit this users Access Rights (or whatever user you are). At the bottom of the tab, activate Technical Features and reload your webpage. This will give you a whole bunch of additionnal submenus.

Now go to Settings > Translations > Languages to edit the number/date formats for your particular language. Note that this will only affect this language. If you have a customer with a different language, the formats in the pdfs of quotes/sales orders will use the customer's language settings.

If you need to set the display of the currency sign (before/after the amount), you will have to do this under Accounting > Configuration > Currencies. The default settings are not correct for all currencies.

Thanks,I activated the Technical Features, but in de Settings Languages I only become ' Load a translation'. I cannot find any possibility to change a setting.

PITS bvba, Mark Lambert
on 10/25/13, 4:19 AM

Did you reload the page (or shift reload)? You should see at least English as a Language under Translations > Languages

martin mueller
on 10/27/13, 12:16 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/24/13, 2:20 PM
Seen: 2239 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM