Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Foreign Exchange Gain / Loss Setting

Ashley Marc
on 2/15/13, 9:35 AM 2,194 views

Hi all,

Would anyone know why each time i try to set the foreign exchange gain / loss account @ settings>Configuration>Accounting and click apply it turns out blank?

Also for automation of foreign currency update do we still need to install the old version of automatic currency update module?

Many Thanks.

On 2/15/13, 10:54 AM

Marc, for your 1st concern I just found the same issue here. Probably a bug so if you want, you can make a bug report according to the instructions of F.A.Q.

Secondly, for auto update of ex. rate, go to v6apps.openerp.com to locate with the keywords and test out the module that you have found.

Good luck!

Hi Mario, this bug was fixed in last nightly build.

on 2/15/13, 10:58 AM

Bro, thanks for letting know!

on 2/15/13, 11:02 AM

Thanks guys. Really appreciate your prompt and precise help.

Ashley Marc
on 2/15/13, 11:05 AM
On 2/15/13, 10:24 AM

It used to be a bug, the exchange gain / loss account doesn't disappear anymore in last version.

It seems, there is no currency update module available for version 7.

Thanks Sylvain. It seems i need to get the latest version up. Can't see how an accounting software would work without an automatic currency update reference. Well, will keep you informed if i come across one. Thanks again.

Ashley Marc
on 2/15/13, 10:31 AM

Mine is a 3 days old build and the setting can't be applied either. Anyway, just follow Sylvain to test with the latest build and see if it has been fixed.

on 2/15/13, 10:57 AM

Thank you will do accordingly and update you guys on my findings.

Ashley Marc
on 2/15/13, 11:04 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 2/15/13, 9:35 AM
Seen: 2194 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM