Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

For one purchase, how can there be multiple receives and invoices?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 8/29/14, 5:16 PM 984 views

I issue a single purchase order for many products. They arrive in multiple shipments over weeks or months. For every arrival, there is a receive of products and the supplier issues an invoice. All the invoices put together will add up to the purchase order but each invoice must be paid on its own terms, not once all invoices have arrived.

For example. Purchase order for 100 widgets. 25 widgets arrive along with an invoice for 25 widgets. I can receive 25 widgets into stock. How should I enter that partial invoice and make a partial payment on the total due for the PO?

When viewing the PO, if you click <Receive Invoice>, you can edit the invoice form and enter 25 widgets and pay for that quantity. Then, if you go back to the PO and again click <Receive Invoice>, then you are taken to that invoice you just paid for 25 widgets. There is not, as hoped, a new invoice for the balance (90 units) of the PO.

Gilles Lehoux

--Gilles Lehoux--
| 5 4 7
St-Eustache, Canada
--Gilles Lehoux--

Gilles Lehoux
On 8/29/14, 5:51 PM

From the PO view, click <Receive Invoice>. This will be the first invoice against this PO. Edit this invoice to enter the partial quantity to be paid. Validate and pay this invoice. For the next invoice, open the first invoice and <Duplicate> it. Edit this duplicate to enter the quantity for this invoice. Validate and pay this invoice. Repeat this process until the quantity on the PO has been received.

The next step would be some kind of reconciliation so that the PO changes to the "Done" status. I don't know that part.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/29/14, 5:16 PM
Seen: 984 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM