Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

For Odoo hosted version, how would I upload a custom module?

By
Michael Armata
on 6/12/14, 4:51 PM 1,454 views

For Odoo hosted version, how would I upload a custom module?

@Michael, I think you need to create modules without python code for the SaaS/Online Odoo. This means creating your module to work with server actions and updating views.

Luke Branch
on 12/16/14, 10:09 PM

gunnar

--gunnar--
| 6 7 8
Germany
--gunnar--

born

gunnar
On 6/13/14, 1:31 AM

I think you simply can't. If I am not mistaken the hosted version is just 'as is'. No custom modules can be added

EDIT: I assume you mean an saas version. In case you have your own server, that is hosted by someone else but you have root-acces to it would work just like on a local server and the flow would be as John mentioned below

John Pia Jr
On 6/13/14, 7:52 AM

Create your mod. Add it to the addon directory in your install files on your server. Go to your OpenERP instance > settings > update app list. It should pick up your mod.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/12/14, 4:51 PM
Seen: 1454 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM