This question has been flagged

I have noticed that PAID website orders are automatically confirmed but UNPAID (using "Wire" or a Custom Payment Acquirer "SEND ME AN INVOICE" with the same setup as "Wire") website orders stay as requests for quotation / draft sales orders.

Can I automate the confirmation of these orders?  We are doing this when we realize there are unconfirmed orders in Odoo but ideally this shouldn't rely on someone checking.

Discard
Best Answer

Note:   By doing this you lose the ability to (a) check for fraudulently placed orders; and (b) risk reserving inventory (maybe even shipping it) without checking that the order was actually placed with an intention to pay.  We recommend you still review orders to eliminate the chances of fraud.

When you hover over the CONFIRM button on a Sales Quotation in Developer Mode, you can see that is calls a Python method called action_confirm

First I would make a Server Action that calls this method - and click the CREATE CONTEXTUAL ACTION button to add it to the Action Menu (shown when you select multiple Quotations)

This gives you a way to confirm multiple quotations at once, but you can also completely automate this process by creating an Automated Action that listens for a state change for orders coming only from the website:

Make sure to filter only for orders with Website is set and Payment Ref. is set and apply only when Status changes to "sent" which is what happens when the website User checks out their shopping cart.

Discard

i love you, i needed to know this loong ago. just found the answer.
i dont have Automated Action menu, i guess i need to install some module to have it. (did once in some random test database).
I will update results

Best Answer

Is it also possible to create an invoice at the same step?

Discard

Hi,
As of now our Wire transfer solution holds the invoice until after the delivery, but it creates a quotation that is sent to the customer. How could we generate an automatic confirmation of the sales order without the quotation being sent?

Thanks,
Tord