This question has been flagged

Hi Guys,

We are a manufacturer of made in the US handsewn shoes. We have installed Open ERP and are adding products and customers. I have tested adding invoices and am having a trouble having the invoice go from Sales order> Invoice>Manufacturing Order (and also take out raw material from inventory.)

So to simplify, my questions are as follows

we create a product, what are the settings for this product (and BOM) to allow for in house manufacturing? I am confused because both set ups are exactly the same with sale price and all of that. What exactly do I need to filling to register raw material from actual product.

This product, lets call it a boat shoe, is made in our own factory, so we need the invoice to create a MO and also deduct from inventory of raw material. I have read a bunch of threads to try and make this happen but cannot seem to get it working.

any help would be appreciated, specifically, how the product we are making needs to be set up to allow for the invoice>MO to happen

and also how the raw material needs to be set up to allow for deduction from inventory by BOM, and also allow for cost analysis as well.

Hope this is clear, been working all day on this and have a cloudy head about the whole thing.

-Dan

Discard

raw materials, set as consumables or stockable, made to stock, buy. You can check trace in coming and out going boxes for traceability purposes. Manufactured product a little tricky depending on how you want the deduction to be done during sales. Set to Stockable, Produced and Made to stock if you always want the system to consider stock before sales or set it to make to order if you want to produce more product once there is not enough in stock (ensures you never run out of it). Then do you BOM as usual. PS you might need to set minimum and max stock level for all products

Author

Thanks Kaynis. I think this helped, but I have a few more issues that I am a bit confused by when configuring products and raw materials. I may post a new question with some screen shots to clarify.