Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Followers - how to remove completely - I don't want them

By
Dr Obx
on 7/7/15, 7:21 AM 762 views

Hi guys,

is there any way to remove completely Followers ?

I don't want them at all. Already blocked some but still got them.

It's annoying

Please specify your question by elaborate it little bit otherwise the best answer could be as follows ( as per your question ) Go to Setting >> Technical >> Email >> Followers, select all and delete !

Odoo Police
on 7/7/15, 7:31 AM

so if I do it this way I will remove all currently existing followers? It will not affect anything ?

Dr Obx
on 7/7/15, 8:21 AM

It will remove all followers and it will not affect anything.

Odoo Police
on 7/7/15, 9:44 AM

It seems that you know a lot :) so please if you can, tell me please where can i find the location in the code where is this tiny little icon which is used to open full mail composer ? I would love to change it a bit but I can't find it.

Dr Obx
on 7/7/15, 10:53 AM

My question was how to remove followers, disable it completely. I don't want followers in my Odoo at all so I'm looking for the way how to do it.

Dr Obx
on 7/7/15, 11:31 AM

hi dr obx, go through this link https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-disable-notifications-shown-below-25294 ,, i have disabled followers from this ,,i think this will help you

joshi
on 7/21/15, 6:55 AM

I just read it, thanx. Already did it.

Dr Obx
on 7/21/15, 9:36 AM
Dr Obx
On 7/21/15, 9:35 AM

Thank you all,

Already did it some time ago. I've checked  every view/form and blocked it or made it invisible adding attrs="{'invisible':[('x_simplified','=',False)]}"

x_simplified is a additional boolean field so if I want or need I can unhide followers and some fields which I presumed as unwanted or not important.

So every page(form) contain this extra radio button which is set False as a default.

Problem solved :)

hi, without hiding followers, can we stop sending notifications to followers ???,, i mean by changing code, can we make it,,, is it possible????

joshi
on 7/21/15, 9:51 AM
Everything is possible but depending on your knowledge and experience. However it might be tricky in Odoo because it's already built in. So to avoid automatic process you have to change a lot of code and that's why i decided to hide elements which create auto sending message to the followers instead.
Is much easier and always you can restore it just clicking on Advanced view or however you name it.

It works for me very well so  I'll stay with this solution.

On 21 July 2015 at 15:51, joshi <joshi.abhi1907@gmail.com> wrote:

hi, without hiding followers, can we stop sending notifications to followers ???,, i mean by changing code, can we make it,,, is it possible????

--
joshi
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo access your messages

Dr Obx
on 7/21/15, 4:55 PM
joshi
On 7/21/15, 9:12 AM

Hi Dr obx, 

<div class="oe_chatter">

<field name="message_follower_ids" widget="mail_followers" groups="base.group_user"/>

<field name="message_ids" widget="mail_thread"/>

</div>

remove this code   in view.xml in your module

eg:if u want to remove followers in hr_holidays module, you can remove it at hr_holidays.view.xml

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/7/15, 7:21 AM
Seen: 762 times
Last updated: 7/21/15, 9:36 AM