Odoo Help

Finding all modules on a system ?

v7
By
Ray Carnes
on 11/21/13, 1:30 PM 904 views

I recently took over implementation of an OpenERP installation.

It contains several installs of OpenERP (three versions - each with a test install, a migration install, a development install, a staging install and a production install) and also has many directories containing OpenERP Modules.

I am looking for a specific module but want to avoid the time consuming task of looking in every addons path for each of the 15 different installs of OpenERP.

Is there a way to search the entire filesystem (Ubuntu) for folders that are OpenERP modules and create a sorted list?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0; Odoo 8.0, 9.0, 10.0.

Completed Odoo Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• User Needs and GAP Analysis;

• Functional and Technical Design;

• Prototyping and Proof of Concepts;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and code);

• Integration - Odoo and non Odoo Applications and Services;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Helpdesk;

• Version Upgrades and Migration.

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ray Carnes
On 11/21/13, 1:34 PM

An OpenERP module can be identified by a folder or directory containing the file __openerp__.py

An Ubuntu search for all folders containing that file can be done by running the following command as sudo: (this command also sorts the list by path and outputs the list to a file)

find . -type d -exec test -e "{}/__openerp__.py" ';' -print | sort > modules.txt

You can then open this file in Excel and create a formula to find the last / character in the path and extract just the module name.

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("|",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","|",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","")))))

Once you have the module name, you can sort again just by this column, and you will have a sorted list of all OpenERP module names on the filesystem together with the paths that locate them.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/21/13, 1:30 PM
Seen: 904 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM