This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I've searched this forum, the entire Learning site and Google to no avail. I'm looking for an Odoo master list of possible transaction types and the financial account transactions that correspond to each.

As an example:

Purchase Order Receipt of inventory

Debit: 110100 Stock Valuation

Credit: 110200 Stock Interim (Received)

Discard

This would be a very useful resource!

Best Answer

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/functional/accounting.html

This document lists all transactions that impact the general ledger with example entries for each. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Jesse,

In community this can be found in Invoicing -> Accounting -> Journal Items. However, you need to go into settings and activate developer mode, then go back to settings, open up your user in the users screen and turn on 'show full accounting features'. You'll need to save, refresh and then navigate as above.

In enterprise it should just be on Accounting -> Accounting -> Journal Items with developer mode turned on.

Cheers,

Jake Robinson

Discard
Author

Jake,

Thank you for this note. Your answer was spot on in regards to my master list of transactions. I believe I need to restate my question thusly: Does Odoo have a master list of all possible transactions and which accounts (debit/credit) they impact?

Essentially I need to take the Odoo defaults and map them to my company's defaults and I'm having a hard time bridging the gap so to speak.

Ahh, my apologies.

Generally speaking no, there's no such thing. The issue with doing so is that a single system could have unlimited variations.

For sales, each product can define the income account it impacts, either directly or through it's product category. Same with purchases and their expense account.

For stock, each warehouse can define it's accounts for stock on hand, stock loss etc.

And taxes will define accounts, and which tax applies depends on the product.

Generally for clients I duplicate the database and run an entire workflow from start to end and analyse the journal entries, but I may look into building a better tool for this.