This question has been flagged

Hi

I have a dire problem. I have been using the Category field in the Sales Order view to store the type of order that I have received. When i run a filter for orders containing a certain entry in the category field it is not showing any entries past a certain order number. What could the problem be?

Discard

Really hard to tell without more information. Which menu and view are you in when this happens? How are you creating the filter? What are you entering in the category field? How many entries is it showing? Does it show the order if you don't enter anything in the category field?

Author

Thanks for getting back to me Ray. Actually it seems that it is not including any entries since I did one of the nightly build a few weeks ago. I have started filtering on the Sales Team instead which gives us the results but somehow the data in the category field is not working since the update. I will need to resolve it in the long term. It's the same field with the same tags but the filter just can't pick up those newer entries

"My car isn't running properly. I've been driving it in one of the gears I normally do, and when I press one of the pedals, it won't work". That's the level of information I am able to get from your question. I can't provide any further insight - sorry! It is VERY conceptual and high level, with no details that I can understand. Until you post those details I won't be able to help you. An EXACT description of what you are doing, click by click, keystroke by keystroke.

Author

Ok. more detail: We have been capturing Sales orders and using the Category field to store the type of orders. Then we added the category column to the SO tree which makes it easy to see your SO types. We then set up a range of filters using the category field so that we could view only sales of each type in the tree. This was working well. Recently we did a nightly build on the server. All seemed well until we tried to use our filters. The filters pick up only SO's within each category from before the nightly build was done even though we are populating new SO's with the same categories