Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Filter the project issues assigned to a user

By
Daniel Reis
on 2/27/13, 1:33 PM 1,009 views

In v7, how to filter the issues assigned to a specific user, other than the one logged in?

This was possible in v6. In v7, I can see that the "search view" still has the field user_id, but I can't figure out how to use it. The best workaround I found was using the "Advanced Search", but it's less user friendly because the list is cluttered with all the other fields rarely used for filters.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 2/27/13, 6:46 PM

In v7, in Project > Issues, you can just type the name of the assigned user in the search bar and select the user you want to filter on. I made the test on the demo instance on openerp.com and I could do it with "demo user" as an example. See screenshot below. You do not have to go to "Advanced filter" for this field because it is very common.

Click to enlarge
image description

I'm relieved that you're absolutely right. And I'm feeling a little dumb now :-P

Daniel Reis
on 2/28/13, 5:55 AM

It surprised me a little of you, Daniel. But it can happen to anyone :)

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 2/28/13, 11:22 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/27/13, 1:33 PM
Seen: 1009 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM