Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Filter meetings where I'm an attendee

By
Nicolas Lopez
on 5/8/14, 2:16 PM 1,825 views

I'm trying to create a geneic filter (for all users) to allow users to see the meetings in the calendar where they are included as attendees. I'm trying something like this:

[['partner_ids.child_ids','in',user.partner_id.id]]

but when using the filter I receive the error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined http ://sv-openerp-test/web/static/src/js/views.js:791

Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks in advance!

NOTES: As far as I see the relationship between the meeting and the partners is "partner_ids" (instead of "attendee_ids"). The existing filter "My Meetings" shows the ones where I'm the creator of the meeting, but does not show the ones where I'm invited.

Search view:

View Name: CRM - Meetings Search

View Type: Search

Object: crm.meeting

External ID: base_calendar.view_crm_meeting_search

Sequence: 16

<search string="Search Meetings"> <field name="name" string="Meeting" filter_domain="[('name','ilike',self)]"/> <field name="partner_ids"/> <field name="categ_ids"/> <field name="user_id"/> <separator/> <filter string="My Meetings" help="My Meetings" domain="[('user_id','=',uid)]"/> <filter string="Unread Messages" name="message_unread" domain="[('message_unread','=',True)]"/> </search>

Additional comment: I'm trying to do this via settings->technical->user interface->user-defined filters

Nicolas Lopez
on 5/8/14, 3:54 PM
shashank verma
On 5/9/14, 3:18 AM

Hello

I would suggest to use rule functionality in security module. Apply your domain in rule for certain group and assign your users to that group. So when particular user login , he can see attendee specific meetings.

Thanks shashank, I would prefear to use a filter, and the case is I'm getting that error I can't solve.

Nicolas Lopez
on 5/9/14, 12:22 PM

Jagdish Panchal

--Jagdish Panchal--
| 5 3 6
Gandhinagar, India
--Jagdish Panchal--

OpenERP Developer

Jagdish Panchal
On 5/9/14, 3:34 AM

Hi,

Go Settings >> Security >> Record Rule

Create Record rule and pass this domain ['|', ('attentdee_ids','in',user.id),('attentdee_ids','in',user.partner_id.id)]

Thanks Jack, I would prefear to use a filter, and the case is I'm getting that error I can't solve.

Nicolas Lopez
on 5/9/14, 12:22 PM

René Schuster

--René Schuster--
| 5 5 8
Weinheim, Germany
--René Schuster--

Challenge Everything!

René Schuster
On 5/9/14, 6:40 AM

Domain operator 'in' expects a list as second argument, so please try:

[['partner_ids', 'in', [user.partner_id.id]]]

If you want the meeting to be visible to a whole company aswell try:

['|', ['partner_ids.child_ids', 'in', [user.partner_id.id]], ['partner_ids', 'in', [user.partner_id.id]]]

@ shashank verma and Jack:
Your suggestion to use record rules will indeed filter the meetings, but it's not possible for a user to deactivate this filter.

Regards.

René, thanks for your help. Unfortunately with both expressions I'm getting the same error described in my question. Any ideas? I'm just entering the model "Meeting", the expression in the Domain and {} in the Context.

Nicolas Lopez
on 5/9/14, 12:17 PM

Can you please post your complete search view?

René Schuster
on 5/12/14, 7:03 AM

Sure, I've added it to the body of the question, please bear in mind all the views are the default ones. Thanks again!

Nicolas Lopez
on 5/12/14, 11:45 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/8/14, 2:16 PM
Seen: 1825 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM