This question has been flagged
4 Replies

hello there, i want to get the value of the city field of the res.partner table filled up in a field of my custome module, 

partner_id = fields.Many2one('res.partner', string='Prestataire')

def _get_default_city(self): return self.env['res.partner'].search([('name', '=', 'city')], limit=1).id ville = fields.Many2one('res.partner', string='Ville', default=_get_default_city, domain=[('name', '=', 'city')]) @api.onchange('partner_id') def onchange_partner_id(self): self.ville = self.partner_id.city

but i keep receiving this error 

res = self._obj.execute(query, params)
psycopg2.DataError: invalid input syntax for integer: "Fremont"
LINE 1: ...sg" FROM "res_partner" WHERE "res_partner".id IN ('Fremont')
                                                             ^
Discard
Author

yes i am trying to once i choose the partner_id name, the 'ville' filed to be filled in by the value of the city filed, i use often just the onchange function, i had used this code and it works just fine

employee_id = fields.Many2one('hr.employee', string="employé", required=True)

poste = fields.Many2one('hr.job', string='poste')

@api.onchange('employee_id')

def onchange_employee_id(self):

self.poste = self.employee_id.job_id

but i don't know why the same principe not working in this case

partner_id = fields.Many2one('res.partner', string="employé", required=True)

ville = fields.Many2one('res.partner', string='ville')

@api.onchange('partner_id')

def onchange_partner_id(self):

self.ville = self.partner_id.city

by the way i tried your code but i still got the same error

self.ville is many2one; self.partner_id.city is char. It is not possible to apply char for many2one. You can't store string in database cell which requires integer.

self.poste is many2one; self.employee_id.job_id is also many2one. Both relate to the same object. Both relate assume integer value.

Although I didn't check my code running, the same error is hardly possible. Most probably, you haven't updated the module to change the field type.

Author

yes exactly, i had to change the type of the ville field to char, thank any way sir

Best Answer

According to your code 'ville' is many2one field. So, it is id of related res.partner. 'city' is a char field. Thus, the line

tries to put into a partner reference char ('freemont'), while it anticipates integer (e.g. 12 - id of related partner).

I guess, what you are trying to achieve is to have inside ville name of the city? If, so you need to make it char:

def _get_default_city(self):
    # DO YOU REALLY HAVE THE PARTNER WHICH NAME IS city??
    return self.env['res.partner'].search([('name', '=', 'city')], limit=1).city

partner_id = fields.Many2one('res.partner', string='Prestataire')
ville = fields.Char(string='Ville' default=_get_default_city])

@api.onchange('partner_id')
def onchange_partner_id(self):
Discard