Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

File Changes Not Working in OpenERP

By
Vj
on 4/24/13, 4:04 AM 2,171 views

I am new to OpenERP. I have successfully installed OpenERP-7.0 in Ubuntu server(local machine). I have edited some files in helpdesk module in below path in menu

Sales => Configuration = > Helpdesk => Categories

I have edited helpdesk files in below path

opt/openerp/server/openerp/addons/crm_helpdesk/crm_helpdesk_view.xml

but my changes are not reflecting in the front-end on the above menu.

so shall i need to do anything for changes reflection in frontend?

I need to customize theme & some other functionality in helpdesk module.

Any help my appreciation.

Thanks All.

Antanas
On 4/24/13, 4:16 AM

Try to stop OpenERP server and then restart server with:

openerp-server -c path_to_config_file -u crm_helpdesk

That line means start openerp server using config file (-c path_to_config_file) and update module crm_helpdesk (-u crm_helpdesk)

Edit: First generate a config file:

openerp-server -s -c <config_file_path>

replace tagged code with a path to file where your config file will be.

Then:

openerp-server -c <config_file_path> -u crm_helpdesk

replacing tagged code with path to your now existing config file path. This line starts server with parameters in config file and updates "crm_helpdesk" module.

openerp@testdev:~$ /opt/openerp/server/openerp-server -c path_to_config_file -u crm_helpdesk Usage: openerp-server [options]

openerp-server: error: The config file 'path_to_config_file' selected with -c/--config doesn't exist, use -s/--save if you want to generate it openerp@testdev:~$

Vj
on 4/24/13, 4:28 AM

Perhaps you used "path_to_config_file" literally? That file must exist on your system, you need to first generate it. Stop your openerp server, then start it with "openerp-server -s -c <config_file_path>" , replace <config_file_path> with f.e. ".my-config" to create a config file in current directory. Then start server as described in my answer, only without "-s" and -c .my-config (if starting from same directory where your config file is).

Antanas
on 4/24/13, 4:35 AM

I mean when you have generated your config file, start server with "openerp-server -c .my-config -u crm_helpdesk , this is documented in version 6.1 install documentation at http://doc.openerp.com

Antanas
on 4/24/13, 4:39 AM

Thanks...... Where the code found in list view and form view for Helpdesk/Categories?

Vj
on 4/24/13, 6:19 AM

Don't know, sorry. That should probably be a separate question.

Antanas
on 4/24/13, 6:21 AM

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 4/24/13, 7:34 AM

If you change the xml-code of a screen, you have to reload that module.

In your case, it is better to create a new module, and do the changes to the file within that module.

Next step is to copy the module to the /addons directory, followed by a load (or reload) of your module (Settings -> Update Modules List, than Settings -> Installed Modules, and search for the name of your module).

How to change the table header, table rows(Odd Row/Even Row) CSS in Helpdesk/Categories displaying table?

Vj
on 4/24/13, 8:14 AM

What do you mean by your question? To change the description of the column you have to change things in the code. But it might be better to post a new question, because that is not related to the original question.

patrick
on 4/26/13, 4:34 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/24/13, 4:04 AM
Seen: 2171 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM