Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Field not found...OpenERP server error (Unable to open the database)

By
Sam path
on 6/4/14, 5:27 AM 1,106 views

Hi all!

I've two database with same modules installed in both.

I've added few custom modules too.

I added a new fields and deleted few fields in my custom module but my one database is working fine but when i open my another database it gives me a error as below.

OpenERP Server Error

Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\http.py", line 204, in dispatch File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 867, in authenticate File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 118, in authenticate File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 170, in get_context File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 42, in proxy File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 30, in proxy_method File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 103, in send Server Traceback (most recent call last): File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 89, in send File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\netsvc.py", line 292, in dispatch_rpc File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\service\web_services.py", line 626, in dispatch File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 188, in execute_kw File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 131, in wrapper File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 197, in execute File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 185, in execute_cr File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\tools\cache.py", line 18, in lookup File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\tools\cache.py", line 46, in lookup File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\base\res\res_users.py", line 363, in context_get File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\orm.py", line 486, in __getattr__ File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\orm.py", line 401, in __getitem__ File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\base\res\res_users.py", line 810, in read File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\openerp\addons\base\res\res_users.py", line 272, in read File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\orm.py", line 3608, in read File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\orm.py", line 3684, in _read_flat File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\orm.py", line 3608, in read File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\orm.py", line 3660, in _read_flat File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\sql_db.py", line 161, in wrapper File "D:\OpenERP-Infortran\OpenERP Instance 2\Server\server\.\openerp\sql_db.py", line 226, in execute ProgrammingError: column res_partner.vendor does not exist LINE 1: ...r."employee",res_partner."pan2",res_partner."fax",res_partne..

I don't know what is the error, where am i going wrong can any oned please help me out..?

Thanks in advance....

Hi,

You need to update that custom module in second database too. Now if you don't able to even open the second dabase then you need to update database from command like,

python openerp-server --update= Module Name

When any change you do in .py file you have to update that module in every database. Because when you update the module, OpenERP/Odoo will create new column in database. Now you haven't updated the module so as per your view/XML file, system will search that column but in database that column is not exists. So due to that you are facing this error.

Let me know if this answer helped you or not.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/4/14, 5:27 AM
Seen: 1106 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM