Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

field function and its store parameter in an inherited class

on 12/28/15, 11:26 AM 711 views

I want to add a calculated field in Partner class.

To do this, I've made a module with the code below.

I made it first without trying to called parent function from super python method.

But I had this error:

NameError. name '_get_invoice_partner'  is not defined

And now I have called them with super method, I have this error:

TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Is someone could help me please?

from openerp.osv import osv

from openerp.osv import orm

from openerp.osv import fields

class Partner(osv.osv):

_inherit = 'res.partner'

def _get_invoice_partner(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):

res = super(Partner, self)._get_invoice_partner(cr, uid, ids, context=context)

return res

def _get_partner_id(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):

res = super(Partner, self)._get_partner_id(cr, uid, ids, context=context)

return res

def _get_last_mb_product(self, cr, uid, ids, name, args, context=None):

"""Return the last membership product buy by a user"""

res ={}

member_line_obj = self.pool.get('membership.membership_line')

for partner in self.browse(cr, uid, ids, context=context):

partner_id = partner.id

line_id = member_line_obj.search(cr, uid, [

('partner', '=', partner_id),

('date_cancel', '=', False)

], limit=1, order='date_from', context=context)

if line_id:

res[partner.id] = {name: product_id}

product_id = member_line_obj.read(cr, uid, line_id[0], [name], context=context)[name][0]

return res

_columns = {

'membership_id': fields.function(

_get_last_mb_product, multi='membership_id',

string='Last membership product',

store = {

'account.invoice': (_get_invoice_partner, ['state'], 10),

'membership.membership_line': (_get_partner_id, ['state'], 10, )

}, help="Last membership product"),

L'Heureux-Cyclage, Ludovic CHEVALIER,
Your code seems to be fine
One of the only reason seeming possible is because there is no '_get_invoice_partner' function in the main/super res.partner object, thats why it is showing error while executing that line.
Try keeping a print statement in "_get_invoice_partner" function, before calling super of it, if it executes that print statement then simply remove the super call and it should work
Hope it helps!

on 12/29/15, 8:57 AM

Hi Pawan! Thanks for your answer. "_get_invoice_partner" function existing in Partner class in pos_membership module. I put a print statement in pos_membership "_get_invoice_partner" function and in custom module. The one of pos_membership is called before the one of custom module. If I remove the super call in my custom module, I can't define a value to res and I have this logical error: NameError: global name 'res' is not defined And if I remove the return of res variable, I have this other logical error: TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable :-(

L'Heureux-Cyclage, Ludovic CHEVALIER
on 12/29/15, 10:43 AM

you can try to use another methods that no exist in core odoo, for example you can use _get_partner_id_custom and _get_invoice_partner_custom and call inside new methods custom the original methods and after modify "res"

Vauxoo S.A. de C.V., Julio Serna
on 1/13/16, 7:30 PM
On 1/14/16, 11:28 AM

Here is a code that works: http://git.heureux-cyclage.org/?p=burette/etudesetchantiersidf.git;a=blob;f=etudesetchantiersidf.py;h=4b5774ebd0d505c18dca5747449a8ad0745f7774;hb=ab989882154710b12c9ed2ed2ee74060974cd1cd

self did not return courant object (res.partner) but, 'account.invoice', 'pos.order' or 'membership.membership_line' depending which store field it is.

Krupesh Laiya
On 12/29/15, 12:14 AM

Had you put membership module in depends (__openerp__.py)?

if you have membership module in depends then override the method don't use super.

Thanks for the answer! Here is my dependance tree for my module (">" == "depend from"): - custom module > bikecoop_l10n_fr > pos_membership > remembership > membership I thought it was ok with this configuration to override all of thoses dependances. I've added explicitly those dependances to my custom module: - membership, remembership, pos_membership If I remove "_get_invoice_partner" and "_get_partner_id" in my custom module, when I launch OpenERP, I have this strange error message: 2015-12-29 08:38:10,542 12528 CRITICAL custom_module openerp.modules.module: Couldn't load module web 2015-12-29 08:38:10,542 12528 CRITICAL custom_module openerp.modules.module: name '_get_invoice_partner' is not defined ??? If I add those two function, I have this message error again: TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type Any idea?

L'Heureux-Cyclage, Ludovic CHEVALIER
on 12/29/15, 3:43 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/28/15, 11:26 AM
Seen: 711 times
Last updated: 1/14/16, 11:29 AM