This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a startup script for FC18?

I followed this tutorial to install V7.0 on a clean FC18 server: smashingweb.info/install-open-erp-7-on-ubuntu-12-04-and-fedora-18/ and it works perfectly right up until the last instruction.. the init.d/ startup script :( I can start the service manually as per the instructions in the tutorial but can't use the script provided because it doesn't work or the stock openerp-server.init file because my file structure is different. The script in the tutorial looks like it was written for Debian! 5 Hours of server building and tutorial following and the author makes a foobar like that...Cheers!

Can anyone help?

Discard

What errors on output you have?

Author

If I run the script which is included in the distribution I get this:

Starting OpenERP Server Daemon (openerp-server): [setsid: execvp failed: No such file or directory [ OK ]

And if I run using the script from the tutorial I get:

Starting openerp-server: ./openerp-server: line 46: start-stop-daemon: command not found openerp-server.

Hmmm.

Author

Ahh Ive corrected a path issue which has changed the error. Now using the stock .init file I get:

Starting OpenERP Server Daemon (openerp-server): [ OK ]

[root@openerp init.d]# Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/cli/server.py", line 89, in setup_pid_file fd = open(config['pidfile'], 'w') IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/run/openerp/openerp-server.pid'

Author

sorted: I had root 755 permissions on /var/run/openerp. After changing it to the openerp user it worked perfectly

Author

Thanks for your help Anton, I've answered it myself, see below :)

Author Best Answer

Ok if you're building a clean FC18 server and want to run 7.0 you can follow this guide:

smashingweb.info/install-open-erp-7-on-ubuntu-12-04-and-fedora-18/

but dont download the startup script in section 7, its wrong, very wrong, just copy and paste the /opt/openerp/server/install/openerp-server.init to /etc/init.d/ and rename it openerp-server.

Open your new openerp-server file using your favorite editor and on line 63 change the text to this:

"/usr/bin/setsid /opt/openerp/server/openerp-server \

Other than that there are no changes to make to the tutorial, Im up and running.

Discard