Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Fedora 19 imaplib error

By
Mohamed Samir
on 12/19/13, 7:31 PM 1,132 views

Hi, I installed the OpenERP server on my fedora 19-x86_64 and all is working fine except when I try to install a new app, I get this error ImportError: cannot import name IMAP4_SSL I searched the forum and I found a similar problem got fixed on centOs by installing cython I did so and restarted the server, but I still get the same error and I looked at the /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages and I found no folders with the name implib please help.

Mohamed Samir
On 12/20/13, 10:07 AM

well, after struggling a lot I took a look at the file imaplib.py here:

pydoc.org/get.cgi/usr/local/lib/python2.5/imaplib.py

and I found this at line 1125:

try: import ssl except ImportError: pass else: class IMAP4_SSL(IMAP4):

so I wandered if it can't find openssl on my system, and it passes the initialization of the IMAP4_SSL class I did a test in Konsole trying to import the ssl class and it gave me an error.

so the fix was installing the openssl using the command

yum install openssl

after installing openssl I get everything working as expected.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/19/13, 7:31 PM
Seen: 1132 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM