This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is it possible to sort the live chat users by company and/or department? Basically this just groups the users in the panel so 1000 users become much easier to manage. It's good to have a search feature, but in the case of 1000 users and I don't know all of them, but I need to find an online salesperson, it would be great to be able to select "Sales" see the list of users in that department and see who is online. With so many employees, you might not be able to know everyone or know everyone's position. so finding the appropriate employee would be much simpler.

Discard
Best Answer

This is not possible at this time. A workaround would be to have the name of the department in the user's display name in order to search by department (and the online users are always shown on top), but this is a pretty average solution.

Discard
Author

I figured. It's not a tool like what I envision and what my company would use it for. It's more of a live support for customers. We'd use it as an inter-company network chat and so customers would never have access.

Author

I've changed it to a feature request so if there's ever some discussion on this option that would be great.