Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[Feature]How to replace sheet behaviour in views

By
Mind And Go
on 10/23/14, 4:00 AM 640 views

Hy,

Many people are asking me to "drop" the sheet part of some specific views. From now the only way to do this is to override the entire view and delete the sheet node.

It would be nice if we could implement something like that  :

• Add a new attribute in the sheet tag that will be called "active"
  • use this attribute to manage the beahviour of the view, if it's active it'll work like now and if active=False then the behaviour will be ignored (A kind of removal)
  • Add a preference value in the user profile and in the context so that the info would be passed in actions and views.

Hope it could be considered as a good feature

I do agree with Florent. The concept of sheet is nice when you work an document that will be printed after edition like invoices, quotes,.... On some other screens it is just a lost of space in the view.

E-Thos, Bernard Wilmus
on 10/23/14, 4:16 AM

Davide Corio

--Davide Corio--
| 4 3 7
Bricherasio, Italy
--Davide Corio--

Odoo Evangelist and Consultant

Davide Corio
On 10/23/14, 6:30 AM

The best approach (IMO) is to customize the associated style sheets.

For instance, this is the default one on v8:

.openerp .oe_form_sheet_width {

min-width: 650px;

max-width: 860px;

margin: 0 auto;

}

By just removing the max-width style, your sheet will become 100% wide.

Of course, you'll probably want to keep some margin, but again, it's just a matter of CSS.

Davide it's a great point. Yet it will be for all users. That's why I was proposing a feature for this. maybe instead of active an inactive, a ratio could be set in the user profile... and combine your proposal. Regards

Mind & Go, Mind And Go
on 10/23/14, 11:23 AM
Mind And Go
On 11/1/14, 11:19 AM

Davide,

Your proposal works perfectly on V7. I have to dig for the v8.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/23/14, 4:00 AM
Seen: 640 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM