Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Fail Install Odoo8 ubuntu package, help

By
Johan
on 8/9/14, 2:20 AM 951 views

On http://nightly.odoo.com there is an new banches (8.0 Stable).

I try to do install acording to the website instruction, buf fail when do the "sudo apt-get update". My Ubuntu fail to fetch the site, why? Please help.

Thanks + Regards,

Johan

I just take a look files contained in http://nightly.odoo.com/8.0/nightly/deb/ . There is no file names Packages.gz in the folder. I think this is the reason mu Ubuntu fail to fetch the site (CMIIW). Is there anyone can provide us this Packages.gz file?

Johan
on 8/10/14, 10:45 PM

Have you consider install from source / repo? This way is more flexible and easier to maintain yourself.

Ben Bernard
on 8/10/14, 11:38 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/10/14, 11:34 PM

The release candidate posted there can't be installed the way you are trying.  You need to directly download the package archive or tar file instead.

Tony Felice
On 9/11/14, 5:35 PM

Now there is a Pachages.gz file in the repo, and you can install with "apt-get install openerp, " but only  once.  Subsequently calling "apt-get upgrade" never updates the installed package, because even though new nightly builds are being added to the directory, with filenames indicating their build dates, the Pachages.gz file as well as the build backages themselvs always internally contain "Version: 8.0.0~rc1-0."   Thus the only way I can see to update from the .deb package is to manually download it and force it to install via dpkg.  I presume this is an oversight, since it does not make any sense to have an apt repository with new content every day while the version numbers never change.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/9/14, 2:20 AM
Seen: 951 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM