This question has been flagged

Hi Odooers,

What is the recommended or best way to enter spare quantity of stock from vendor into Odoo ERP system?

For example, let say we create a PO for 100 units of a product. And then the vendor/supplier provided us with spares, (ie. extra 5 units). What is the recommended way to enter this 5 units?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

I did check on purchase flow. First which version of odoo you are using that just want to know?

Into new version of odoo. Product has purchase policy which is "order qty" and "received qty" based on that qty is added into invoice. if you do not want to invoice that spare qty than put default policy to "order qty".

so order qty is 100 and invoice will be created for 100 qty.

and you can simply update qty into incoming receipt before validating. So it is easy to manage. 

Hope this will help you. 

Discard
Author

Hi Bhaviraj,

Thank you for the help. I am using Odoo 11CE.

Let say that Invoice will stay the same with 100 qty. If the incoming receipt has been validated with 100 qty, and we found out there is 5 spares when we start picking or at a later stage (as this is common for us since we only check a percentage of incoming shipments if the qty are correct). What is recommended to add these 5 spares in ERP after the shipment were validated before with 100 qty?

Hi gchansc,

I would suggest directly create incoming shipment from inventory transfer it self. but yes if you want to get any report data using purchase order or incoming shipment, than it will be not proper track that from which PO how much qty we get.

Other than that customisation need to do into incoming shipment flow.