This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

we have customized the content of the view external_layout_header and external_layout_footer.

The header is displayed correctly, but the footer is not. We have just a blank footer. Most funnily, the same Code works on our test environment. What could be the problem? Thanks for your comments.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Jörg 

This problem is due to a bug in Wkhtmltopdf V0.12.2 in combination with Odoo.
The solution is very simple. Remove your Wkhtmltopdf V0.12.2 and install Wkhtmltopdf V0.12.1.
This bug is reported on Github and confirmed. You can follow any development and details about it here https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/4806

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello Yenthe,

(thanks to the grand 5 karma limitation I am not able to upvote your question nor to comment it, but I think it is very helpful, therefore: thanks! If you would help me to earn one more karma point?)

I have tried uninstalling wkhtmltopdf by using
dpkg -r wkhtmltox,

then installed .12.1 , restarted the server. Didn't work. Installed .12.2, restarted the server. Didn't work. Installed .12.0, restarted the server. Didn't work. I have set and removed the System Variable under Settings --> Technical Settings --> Parameters --> System Parameters ... didn't work. Could you please tell me the exact process on how to remove everything wkhtml-ish and then reinstalling the old version?

*UPDATE*

It finally did work for me by setting the System Parameter to /usr/local/bin instead of /usr/bin . Both executables are the same, but - it works.

*UPDATE 2*

It did work exactly once. Thereafter, no footer. Dunno what to do next.

Discard
Author

Hello, still no ideas :'-( ?