This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi Guys,

Before reinventing the wheel I would like to discuss some interfaces to the system.

My client is a component manufacturer that would like to update client during the manfacturing process.

We will interfaces such as hydrolic presses and other equipment to the system.

We will also interface a "real time" sms system that will inform the client on the completion of different modules.  The reason for his being that if certain components are done then the client ( my clients clinet) will be sms that it is complete and they can collect it or even infom the courier to collect and deliver.

So what we will do is to configure components that needs to be manufacture and get the system to start the plant via a mechanical (electronic) interface. From the BOM the system will send the different "tools" to load and manufacture the components as and when needed.  THe client will be infomered :

Starting Component 1  of 20   20 of 20 is complete ready for collection at Bay 3. Or the courier company will be smsed and the client will be copied.

Is there a module doing this?

Is there poeple doing this?

This process will then be used to work backwards to ensure the different raw stock are ordered on time and and and ...

Can I please have comment Possitive and negative crazy and/or not.

Do you have ideas you want to share?

Regards

Erastus

Discard

can you please make your requirement more clear?

Author Best Answer

Sure,
My client runs a manufacturing plant.  We are busy automating the plant( to many stikes).So what we have is some one calls and place an order for a product.  The product then must be manufatured according to spesifications.  To do this the system will generate a BOM command that is send to a computer that is controlling the different robots.  Lets take an example The client needs posts.  The posts needs to be 3600 mm long 1mm stainless steel and requires 50. Odoo will then send  data to the computer stating  50X3600X1XS. The computer accept the command and start the interface to the robots. The robots will then replace the meterial on the plant with the correct product. The computer will then start the robot to manufacture the first post and inform the system post 1 started. The computer will then return command to odoo that will then via a sms device inform the client post 1 manufactured. To start the first post the system will create a set of parameters and down load it into the robot. The robot will then manufacture according to the BOM etc.  There are a few different robots manufacturing that will be automated. Therefore the complete manufacturing process will be tracked via sms and different errors etc will be communicated to managers all part of the manufacturing proses. I can right more if you need I am not sure to what level you want information. The idea is to get everything automated from order to manufacturing to delivery including order of goods for manufacturing.

From order to completion I want 100% automated with interfaces to robots and plant and sms to email and sms both clients and managers to inform of any plant errors and then to escolate it to the client. We are doing the electroninc interface to the different "robots". This will be used to do stock control ( theft is the top sport in SA) currently there are a lot going wrong where humans are involved.  Thus we want to do a full scale automation and use odoo for the top level costing manufacturing and time management.

If youu want need more I do not mind writing .  But the idea loosley is to develope an ipc interface to odoo to handle the interface from external computers.  Thus the ipc envirenment will then call diffentent modules in odoo to update and get data etc.  It does not have to be IPC but as IPC and semaphores is easy to transfer data we can use it to have a super system that will control the robots from the same server and display the different steps from the hardware in a real time scenario.  I hope this help

Discard