Odoo Help

External ID references to Internal Cat and POS Cat not working during Product import

By
Matthew Richens
on 11/8/16, 12:28 PM 335 views

Hello,

Version 8

I have been reading about import and external vs Database ID and I thought I understood them however I am fighting with my product import so I must be missing something...

I have Imported Internal Product Categories and POS Categories using the import tools. In my Import CSV file for these entities I have forced the external IDs in the file as for example "product.product_category_1" or "pos_category_1".

I have imported these 2 CSV files and my Internal Categories and POS Categories all appear to have imported correctly and I can see the External IDs that have been created in the system.

My next step is then to begin importing products however that is where I ran into issues..

The import validation tool tells me that my references to Internal Product Categories and POS_Category are invalid. I am using fields categ_id/id and pos_categ_id/id. For example the values in categ_id/id are product.product_category_1

The exact message I receive is No matching record found for external id 'product.product_category_1 ' in field 'Internal Category' at row 2. When I click Possible Values I am taken to a list of External IDs matching the values I have in my file...

SO after hours of fighting with this I am convinced I am missing something very obvious but just haven'T been able to figure it out.

Thank you in advance for your assitance.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/8/16, 12:28 PM
Seen: 335 times
Last updated: 11/8/16, 8:29 PM