This question has been flagged

Hello,

Version 8

I have been reading about import and external vs Database ID and I thought I understood them however I am fighting with my product import so I must be missing something...

I have Imported Internal Product Categories and POS Categories using the import tools. In my Import CSV file for these entities I have forced the external IDs in the file as for example "product.product_category_1" or "pos_category_1".

I have imported these 2 CSV files and my Internal Categories and POS Categories all appear to have imported correctly and I can see the External IDs that have been created in the system.

My next step is then to begin importing products however that is where I ran into issues..

The import validation tool tells me that my references to Internal Product Categories and POS_Category are invalid. I am using fields categ_id/id and pos_categ_id/id. For example the values in categ_id/id are product.product_category_1

The exact message I receive is No matching record found for external id 'product.product_category_1 ' in field 'Internal Category' at row 2. When I click Possible Values I am taken to a list of External IDs matching the values I have in my file...

SO after hours of fighting with this I am convinced I am missing something very obvious but just haven'T been able to figure it out.

Thank you in advance for your assitance.

Discard