Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

external database and openerp

on 6/7/13, 3:10 PM 1,490 views

How i can get data from external database and use it for my module. Example i have db with table product. How to get all data from that table and put it in openerp module. How to connect on that database and get data? All examples are welcome.

| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Python developer, big fan of sailing

On 6/7/13, 3:14 PM

Well, there are many ways to do that... but you need to develop modules to do that. One way of solving your problem would be to develop a module that extends X model creating calculated fields, and those fields are populated with data pulled from external databases. There are many ways to pull data from other DBs in Python, you can do that with different libraries such as pymysql (for MySQL databases) or with ORM like SQLAlchemy.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 6/7/13, 3:10 PM
Seen: 1490 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM