This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am new in odoo and working in odoo 10. I saw that Odoo has its own and very powerful search. But i have a requirement where i want to add custom checkboxes in search view. So that user can check/uncheck to filter out the records in list view. I know this can be achieved by using custom filters but i am building a solution for users which are not much technical to understand the custom filters.

Discard

Did you find any proper solution for this? I also want to add check boxes. If you did it, Would be great help if you share here.

Author

No i didn't found any solution for this. I added default filter so now i can click on default filters instead of check-boxes.

Best Answer

Hi,

The extension of search view is also same as other views.

Try this example 

<record id="category_grouping_search" model="ir.ui.view">
<field name="name">Filtration category_grouping</field>
<field name="model">res.partner</field>
<field name="inherit_id" ref="base.view_res_partner_filter"/>
<field name="arch" type="xml">
<field name="name" position="after">
<filter string="Label" domain="[]" context="{'group_by':['parent_of_category','children_of_category']}" />
</field>
</field>
</record>

view_res_partner_filter is the id of the original record that you want to extend.

Thank you.

Discard

Hi,

where can i find the search criteria? is there a page describing the use of this?

I have a module in which the model has no "name" field, I want to know how to implement this feature on alternative fields