Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Extend from website or a custom module?

By
Luis Alfredo da Silva
on 7/6/14, 2:24 AM 1,205 views

I'm already adapting a theme to work properly with odoo website and website_sale modules, but I am having some delays, one of them is that the theme has is own javascripts files, and collide with js file from website.editor, especifically the jquery framework because are diferent versions and the second issue is the website module in its templates has xpath rules and do some things in my custom layout, ¿how can I disable or delete those default templates from my custom module? responding that questiong the first issue could be resolved 

@Luis, I've also running into these issues, although i've got a stripped down custom theme running now in production with some libraries removed based on the theme_clean module. I think there is a way to import CSS/LESS and Javascript in with snippets and layouts, however I have not yet found a way to do this without conflicting with the default libraries for Odoo, this presentation gives some basic details: http://www.slideshare.net/openobject/odoo-create-themes-for-website I will be looking through the website and website_sale modules in more detail when I can find time, however I think it may be best to inherit and replace all of the xpath rules in the base (website, website_sale) modules and then modify or remove them as needed. I'll post back here once I have tried this with more information, however there has been a crowdfunding campaign released as of last night: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bootstrap-themes-for-odoo-cms and I think analysing the theme_clean module that will be released to certain backers (eg. €25EUR package) will likely help to understand how this can be done.

Luke Branch
on 10/7/14, 10:37 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/6/14, 2:24 AM
Seen: 1205 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM