Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Express.js View “globals”

abin c ibrahim
on 12/12/14, 5:22 AM 469 views

Hello Masters,

I'm using Express.js (on Node.js) and I know that you can render a view with custom data via the "locals" parameter. (res.render("template", { locals: { foo: "bar" } });)

Is there any way to have "globals"? (ie. data that's accessible to every view)

I saw view options, but that isn't recursive, so it replaces the locals I set if I use any locals with my template.

This is my use case: I want to make it so that CSS/JS files can be added on a per-page basis, and that is part of my main layout. The problem is, if I don't explicitly set those arrays on every render, I get an undefined error, so in my template I always have to do the typeof css !== "undefined" dance. Additionally, I have other select box option lists that I don't want to have to explicitly add to each of my forms.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/12/14, 5:22 AM
Seen: 469 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM