Odoo Help

Export to *.xls and import of *.cvs

By
GTM GmbH
on 3/26/14, 8:29 AM 2,110 views

Good Day,

This is my challenge: I want to export "opportunity data" for a customer that I initially entered into OpenERP.

Step 1: I use "export" to have the system generate a mircosoft .xls file for my use (see attached export.xls)

Step 2: Then I modify the .xls data as required (see attached import.xls)

Step 3: I save the .xls file in "Windows comma separated .cvs" format (see attached screen shot)

Step 4: I press "import" in OpenERP, and see a prompt 'loading'

Result: No data modification in "opportunity" data fields. :-(

Please find attached three files: The export data file, the import data file, a screenshot to document what I see to start the import

Many thanks for your help.

Viele Grüße Jochen Berbuer

I don't see any attachments.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/30/14, 1:33 AM

Are you trying to import the same dataset you already exported thus provoking PK conflicts?

John Doe (jd)
on 8/27/14, 7:01 AM
E.R. Spada II
On 8/27/14, 9:35 PM

You need to make sure you select Import/Export Compatable and I would not use Excel for csv. I would reccommend using Libreoffice. I cannot see your files, but if you keep the field names the same, you should not have any issues. Also you need to C lick the Validate before you import and make sure all fields are importing.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/26/14, 8:29 AM
Seen: 2110 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM