Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Export to *.xls and import of *.cvs

on 3/26/14, 8:29 AM 1,806 views

Good Day,

This is my challenge: I want to export "opportunity data" for a customer that I initially entered into OpenERP.

Step 1: I use "export" to have the system generate a mircosoft .xls file for my use (see attached export.xls)

Step 2: Then I modify the .xls data as required (see attached import.xls)

Step 3: I save the .xls file in "Windows comma separated .cvs" format (see attached screen shot)

Step 4: I press "import" in OpenERP, and see a prompt 'loading'

Result: No data modification in "opportunity" data fields. :-(

Please find attached three files: The export data file, the import data file, a screenshot to document what I see to start the import

Many thanks for your help.

Viele Grüße Jochen Berbuer

I don't see any attachments.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 3/30/14, 1:33 AM

Are you trying to import the same dataset you already exported thus provoking PK conflicts?

John Doe (jd)
on 8/27/14, 7:01 AM
E.R. Spada II
On 8/27/14, 9:35 PM

You need to make sure you select Import/Export Compatable and I would not use Excel for csv. I would reccommend using Libreoffice. I cannot see your files, but if you keep the field names the same, you should not have any issues. Also you need to C lick the Validate before you import and make sure all fields are importing.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/26/14, 8:29 AM
Seen: 1806 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM