Odoo Help

Export option access rights

By
Sakthivel
on 1/8/14, 4:11 AM 1,981 views

Hi I need to disable the export option for some users. I tired in Human resources/employee group by removing write and create access of ir.exports & ir.exports.line. When I logged in particular user it shows error " access denied " but I can able to export the products.So kindly provide the solution ASAP.

Thanks & Regards Sakthivel P

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
On 1/8/14, 5:26 AM

Hello,

You cannot directly hide export button.To hide export you need to override related js file and add some code. Or inherit related template and hide it...

Thanks..

HI Pinakin, Thanks for your info. based on your answer we can hide export option for all users but I need to hide this export option for particular users alone. whether it can be possible?

Thanks sakthivel

Sakthivel
on 1/8/14, 6:23 AM

Yes, its possible... Just create one group..... and override js file and in js file check current user have access..

Pinakin Nayi (pna)
on 1/8/14, 7:06 AM

Basically I m Functional consultant, is there any sample code available for this in launchpad?

Sakthivel
on 1/8/14, 9:15 AM
YAHLA MOHAMMED RIDA
On 6/22/17, 7:58 AM

Hi, i found a solution for this problem , Only admin can do export data :

Export action need two ressources (the java script file and CSS file) located in the Web module, so what i did is to override these 2 ressources and add groups attributes. and this is how i solved it.

1. first create an xml file export_hide.xml for example

2. paste the code down below

3. then go to your __openerp__ add in 'depends':['web',],'data':['export_hide.xml']

this is the code of hide_export.xml : :

<template id="export_hide_web" inherit_id="web.assets_backend">
    <xpath expr="//link[@href='/web/static/src/css/data_export.css']" position="replace">
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="/web/static/src/css/data_export.css" groups="Your admin groupe" />
    </xpath>
        <xpath expr="//script[@src='/web/static/src/js/data_export.js']" position="replace">
            <script type="text/javascript" src="/web/static/src/js/data_export.js" groups="Your admin group"></script>
    </xpath>
</template>

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/8/14, 4:11 AM
Seen: 1981 times
Last updated: 6/22/17, 7:58 AM