Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Export/Import Category/Product Translation

By
Franz Palfrader
on 7/24/14, 10:47 AM 2,130 views

Is there a way to export the categories and product translations?

I already tried to change the Admin-Language then > Export > CSV

ok, Koffi's suggestion works well for Product Categories export, Ludos' suggestion works for Products Name translations. For import on V8 I changed the Admin>Preference>Language and import the products and categories with "id","name" on the product and category page. Thanks.

Franz Palfrader
on 7/28/14, 7:21 AM

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 7/24/14, 10:52 AM

You need to export the translations table if you just want the translated text.

You'll find it at this location:

Settings --> Translations --> Application terms --> Translated terms

Then filter on your language (italian?) and create an export.

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 7/24/14, 2:21 PM

I suggest you export the stock module or product module translation in the language you are needing and customise it like you need. Settings --> Translations --> Import/Export --> Export translation

Franz Palfrader
On 7/24/14, 2:00 PM

I have Italian/Russian/German/English and I have the terms (table-values and titles) but I miss the Product Translation of each product Title, Description, Short Description..

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/24/14, 10:47 AM
Seen: 2130 times
Last updated: 7/13/15, 1:00 PM