Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Export from v7 to Import into v8

By
Kevin Sawyer
on 2/13/14, 12:49 AM 1,860 views

I've tried with no success to export from v7 so that I can import into v8: customers, suppliers and chart of accounts (no balances, just the accounts).

How can I figure out what the minimum required fields are to make this work?

v8 has not been released. Which version are you talking about exactly?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 2/13/14, 2:43 AM

trunk nightly release as of 2/11/2014 (http://nightly.openerp.com/trunk/nightly/deb/)

Kevin Sawyer
on 2/13/14, 11:42 AM

Does not work. You can export using CSV method but you'd need to manually redo almost everything if you want to clone your current system into v8. Best you find a cut off time/period and start using v8 and abandon the v7

Damian Phang
on 2/13/14, 2:39 PM
Mustafa Rawi
On 3/30/14, 9:18 AM

The minimum set of fields are highlighted in blue in the export view. These fields are the mandatory ones required to save the record when you add one using the view (e.g. New Customer). They are highlighted in blue in the form view too.

To import your data back, OpenERP match the fields accurately. Just be sure to import in proper order. For example, if you want to import Customer tags, be sure to import Tags first.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/13/14, 12:49 AM
Seen: 1860 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM