Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Export and Import translation

on 4/7/15, 8:12 AM 1,408 views

Hello, I have Odoo 8 and I want to export translation to import it in another database. I create the translated terms in Settings -> Translations -> Terms of the application -> Translated terms.

Then I go to Settings -> Translations -> Import/Export and then Export the language I want.

Then, in the new database, I go to Settings -> Translations -> Import/Export and Import the file what I have created. In the name of the Translation I put "Spanish (AR) / Español (AR)" and in the code "es_AR". I import the file and then go to "Synchronize terms" but the translation not works, the therms are not translated.

What is my mistake? Thanks!  

| 6 4 7
Tbilisi, Georgia
On 4/7/15, 9:06 AM

for export translations from "database_a":

./odoo.py  --language=es_AR  --i18n-export=/tmp/es_AR.po -d database_a

above command will export translations for all installed modules in "database_a" to the /tmp/es_AR.po file, then for import the exported terms in "database_b", run following two commands:

./odoo.py  --load-language=es_AR  --stop-after-init  -d database_b

./odoo.py  --language=es_AR --i18n-import=/tmp/es_AR.po  --i18n-overwrite  -d database_b

It is not any way to export translations from the UI?

on 4/7/15, 5:22 PM

Of course it's possible

on 4/8/15, 2:57 AM

you've exported it correctly from UI I think, most probably you've problem with import

on 4/8/15, 3:02 AM

you can simply open the exported file and you'll see if it contains translations, it's easy to verify

on 4/8/15, 3:04 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 4/7/15, 8:12 AM
Seen: 1408 times
Last updated: 5/11/15, 4:24 AM