Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Export all data without loading it in the UI in v7?

Sean Samborski
on 8/7/14, 12:45 AM 536 views

Is it possible to export all the current items in a view without having to load it in the UI? I know selecting Unlimited from the list view pagination will let you select all and the export, but this isn't useful if you have a lot of records.

For example, we're only halfway through the year and we've added 50,000 serials and this will only get bigger. When trying to load all these in the UI, many of our users don't have the RAM required and their browser will just timeout. This makes it impossible for all but a few of us to run the reports or exports. The actual export doesn't take long at all when you finally make it there so I know the db query is fast.

Is it at all possible to just run the query without having to select everything?

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 3 8
Puducherry, India
--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
Passionate coder in Python/Odoo(formerly known as OpenERP).

Contact me via GMail: atchuthantu@gmail.com via Skype: atchuthan_skype
via Linkedin: http://in.linkedin.com/in/atchuthantu
Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 8/7/14, 1:05 AM

In TREE view generally the number of records shown are 80.

If the limit is changed to UNLIMITED in the record limit, you could export all the records for that particular object from OpenERP.

That's what I'm saying. In the question I said I don't want to do that because it is slow as you get larger.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 8/7/14, 11:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/7/14, 12:45 AM
Seen: 536 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM