This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

I'd like to know how to export every data from my BD to a CSV file? 

Thanks a lot,

Max

Discard
Author Best Answer

can someone help me with that issue ?

Discard
Best Answer

Maxime,

Are you asking how to dump an entire odoo database into a single flat CSV file?  I'm not sure that's possible or what that would even look like.  The odoo database is a relational database and is made up many tables, some of which link to each other via foreign key relationships.  You can dump certain parts into csv using the export, but typically only if they relate to each other somehow, such as sales orders and their associated order lines.

Perhaps we're misunderstanding the question?  If you can clarify a bit as to what you are trying to achieve with the csv dump, we can maybe help.

Nick

Discard
Best Answer

What is the final purpose of this. As mentioned earlier a CSV file for the whole database wouldn't be practical (It's not impossible, but it's far from ideal and very far from easy). If what you need is a texdual dump of the whole database, you could use pg_dump. If you absolutely need it in CSV, I suggest limiting yourself to the absolute minimum you need to extract and extract it via the built-in extraction functions for which you will find a good guide here.

Discard