Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[Expert Tips requires]Can I import libs in Server Action ?

on 8/29/14, 9:21 AM 782 views

I like to code in server action like to call to other api server.

So via odoo server action I can create record in other server via their API.

So I had require to utilize some import libs and then I can manage extra code.

Does it possible ! How to do ! Alternet solution !!!

Did you manage to get this to work ? I am also interested in an answer to this question - and I am specifically interested in using server actions to talk to other systems API's because I wish to use Odoo-on-saas. So a follow up question is - is the solution odoo-on-saas compatible (not going to work if it requires non-native libraries that odoo do not provide.)

Kurt Haselwimmer
on 9/1/14, 4:28 AM

| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

On 8/29/14, 10:35 AM

Yes you can, Odoo backend is written in Python, so any python lib/module can be imported and used within classes and methods.

Can I utilize import requests and other packages !? for jsonrpc calls !!!

on 8/29/14, 10:36 AM

Can I utilize import requests and other packages !? for jsonrpc calls !!!

on 8/29/14, 10:37 AM

Or I can only able to access odoo framework related code only !!!

on 8/29/14, 10:38 AM

Shall I use json rpc call !!!

on 8/30/14, 5:06 AM

Yes, as I said, since Odoo's backend is written in Python, then you can import libs/modules and use them within some object method. Just give it a try.

on 8/30/14, 8:17 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 8/29/14, 9:21 AM
Seen: 782 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM