I'm wondering if it could be a great function to allow user to cancel (not delete) a sale order line in an order once it has been validated. I explain a little bit. Once a sale.order has been confirmed, it's almost impossible to get back. From times to times, in some business, the orders are related to work that can last a long time and sometimes, some order lines won't be charged to the customer because the "project/affair" has changed.
Thus, I propose some improvements :
- Allow the sale.order.line to be canceled
- Change the total amount computation so that canceled order lines won't be used for computation
- Consequently change the invoiced_ratio of the sale.order
This is already possible.
1) Create a menu for Sales Order Lines so you can access individual lines and cancel them after the order has been confirmed.
2) Add the state field to the tree view on the Sales Order form view so the status is shown:
3) The TOTAL on the Sales Order won't be updated, but the Invoice WILL show the correct amount (you can't cancel a Sales Order line if it has been invoiced unless you first cancel that same line on the Invoice).
4) You probably want to update the Sales Order report to show state as well.
invoiced_rate already behaves as expected.
Thanks for this proposal. I'm not sure to understand your point when you say that the invoice rate will work as expected. Do you mean that the invoice_rate don't consider the canceled lines? I was expecting to override the amount total of the order but if the invoice rate is Ok so no problem
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 3/14/14, 1:36 PM|
|Seen: 1190 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|