Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Excise Tax on Finished Goods

By
Zachary Rand
on 6/17/14, 10:29 PM 1,310 views

My company produces a product that is subject to US Federal and State excise taxes per unit produced. How do I configure Odoo 7 to automatically calculate these taxes and record a credit under the appropriate tax payable account upon completion of manufacturing?

Thanks.

Ruchir Shukla
On 6/18/14, 1:47 AM

Try somehting from https://launchpad.net/openerp-india

indian accounting also have excise duty . they have implemented it for india

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 6/18/14, 10:40 AM

It is a different exercise from simply putting 2 taxes on the product? That is, assuming you already have those taxes configured?

So Sales --> Product --> Product, under the Accounting tab.

While I don't know much about the USA, I can assume that state taxes differ per state. If that is the case, you might want to look into the fiscal positions option (we use that over here in Europe to provide shipments of goods to other neighbouring EU countries). You can then make a record for each state where taxes are being substituted per state. Don't forget to propertly configure your partners.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/17/14, 10:29 PM
Seen: 1310 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM