This question has been flagged
10 Replies

I am getting while getting backup of odoo database from database manager.

My postgres server is on another server, I have configured pg_path accordingly.

while taking backup it is giving me error like 

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/software/ws/odoo/openerp/http.py", line 108, in dispatch_rpc
result = dispatch(method, params)
File "/home/software/ws/odoo/openerp/service/db.py", line 70, in dispatch
return fn(*params)
File "/home/software/ws/odoo/openerp/service/db.py", line 176, in exp_dump
dump_db(db_name, t)
File "/home/software/ws/odoo/openerp/service/db.py", line 169, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/software/ws/odoo/openerp/service/db.py", line 200, in dump_db
if openerp.tools.exec_pg_command(*cmd):
File "/home/software/ws/odoo/openerp/tools/misc.py", line 90, in exec_pg_command
raise Exception('Couldn\'t find %s' % name)
Exception: Couldn't find pg_dump

Discard

I am having the same problem whille backing up a database. The database is not at the same server as Odoo and already tried to add the pg_path to configuration file with no luck. So, do I need to have postgresql also installed on odoo server host?

Best Answer

I am using aws RDS for DB server and EC2 for appserver. I am also getting the same error. Is there any option to fix the issue.Could you please also tell me how did you guys setup the pg_path?????

Discard
Best Answer

As i know mmmm ...pg_dump is a utility for backing up Postgres DB, the worse I'm afraid you'll have to make up with postgres ... here is a useful link:

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/01/how-to-backup-and-restore-postgres-database-using-pg_dump-and-psql/

Discard
Author

Thanks for the answer, I have already configure pg path to /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/. but it is still not working

which OS are you working with?

Author

My both machine are ubuntu

Author

pg_path is /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/

Your pg_path must be under /etc ( Specify the PostgreSQL executable path.)

Best Answer

Hi there,

Confirmed that just installing postgresql on Odoo server machine, this problem is fixed.

I have installed postgresql on odoo server and made no changes on it. Just installed it in order to allow odoo to find the "pg_dump" application and leave "pg_path = None" on the odoo configuration file.

Perhaps there is another solution for solving this problem, but it's working this way.

Regards

Discard

I am using aws RDS for DB server and EC2 for appserver. I am also getting the same error. Is there any option to fix the issue.Could you please also tell me how did you guys setup the pg_path?????