Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

escpos : error [Errno 13] Access denied (insufficient permissions)

By
Daniel Holden
on 12/10/15, 6:38 AM 2,122 views

I am trying to set up a USB Epson thermal printer in a posboxless environment.

I followed the instructions at:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/point_of_sale/overview/setup.html#posboxless-guide-advanced

I'm getting this message when accessing /hw_proxy/status

I set 777 permissions on /dev/usb/lp0, which corresponds to the Epson printer in question.

Any ideas on what am I still missing?

I am having same problem, did you manage to fix the issue?

Perry Spurway
on 3/7/16, 6:28 AM

Hi Perry. Sorry for the delay in replying. I ended up starting from scratch, then followed the procedure at this link: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/point_of_sale/overview/setup.html The only thing I did differently was in the following section: "Then we need to create a udev rule that will automatically allow members of usbusers to access raw USB devices. To do so create a file called 99-usbusers.rule in the /etc/udev/rules.d/ directory with the following content:" The file needs to be named 99-usbusers.rules, i.e. there is a letter s missing at the end of the file name in the instructions. Let me know if you need any more help.

Daniel Holden
on 3/30/16, 2:24 AM
Daniel Holden
On 3/10/16, 2:06 PM

Hi Perry. Sorry for the delay in replying. I ended up starting from scratch, then followed the procedure at this link:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/9.0/point_of_sale/overview/setup.html

The only thing I did differently was in the following section:

"Then we need to create a udev rule that will automatically allow members of usbusers to access raw USB devices. To do so create a file called 99-usbusers.rule in the /etc/udev/rules.d/ directory with the following content:"

The file needs to be named 99-usbusers.rules, i.e. there is a letter s missing at the end of the file name in the instructions.

Let me know if you need any more help.

August Doo
On 5/11/16, 8:56 PM

As a summary of all the contribution abover, two points should be aware of:

1. the file name is /etc/udev/rules.d/99-usbusers.rules2.  if 

useradd -G usbusers USERNAME

doesn't work, try 

sudo usermod -a -G usbusers USERNAME

that's correct

Daniel Holden
on 5/13/16, 8:49 AM
Carlos Alberto
On 4/1/16, 7:15 PM

Hello Daniel Holden!, i already have put the missing s, but i still having the message ''access denied'', i am working on ubuntu 14.04 thermal printer epson tm t20 with odoo 8, did you work differently? where is my mistake?sorry for my poor english =(

Olá Carlos. Hablo portugués y entiendo español . Usted puede utilizar el que sea más cómodo. :-) The only thing I can think of is that the user account was not properly added to the usbusers group (which has permissions on the device). Please check this step: Then we add the user who will run the OpenERP server to usbusers # useradd -G usbusers USERNAME On some systems (not sure why) I have had to use this instead: # usermod -a -G usbusers USERNAME

Daniel Holden
on 4/2/16, 3:59 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/10/15, 6:38 AM
Seen: 2122 times
Last updated: 9/7/16, 3:59 AM