Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error! You cannot validate this journal entry because accountdoes not belong to chart of accounts.

By
Sandeep Kumar
on 10/8/14, 2:08 AM 753 views

When I am trying to post a journal stock entry where in debit account  is in chart of accounts it means it has a parent and credit account has no parent, as i wanted to calculate the total entry transaction done on the given inventory credit account..

At the time of posting entry I am getting this error

Error!

You cannot validate this journal entry because account "Account XXXXXX" does not belong to chart of accounts "IAccount YYYY"

Is there a way I can post journal entries to a account without having any parent

Temur

--Temur--
| 6 5 7
Tbilisi, Georgia
--Temur--
Programmer
Temur
On 10/8/14, 2:54 AM

Hi,

You should set as parent the root account from your account list ( probably it's the one with code 0 ). It's just a technical purpose parent, and  in terms of accounting you're making an account with no parent  by setting the root account as parent, so it'll displayed as top level account in the chart of accounts(i.e. with no parent). For correctly identify which is a root account, you can see what is the parent for any account with "no parent" in your chart of accounts.

regards,

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/8/14, 2:08 AM
Seen: 753 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM