Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

error while modifying an xml file

By
Bhavik
on 6/18/13, 5:24 AM 1,192 views

while replacing text (Salesman to Sales rep) in sales view, received error as below:

error

please suggest a way to resolve this error.

HI Bhavik tell what kind of error you are getting ?? and tell where you are trying to make that change....

Abhishek
on 6/18/13, 5:29 AM

unable to upload image. error received: access to addons\sale\sale_view.xml denied. trying to replace string attribute value from 'Salesman' to 'Sales rep' of filter element

Bhavik
on 6/18/13, 5:31 AM

are you using admin access or others ...this is a kind of access error you with this log-in you have not an access of sale module or let me know what exactly yoi would like to do ...n i suggest you better way

Abhishek
on 6/18/13, 5:45 AM

Yes, i'm using admin access. I'm trying to replace the text 'Salesman' which is present under 'Sales' view through sale_view.xml file. Is there a better method to do so without changing the source code?

Bhavik
on 6/18/13, 9:18 AM
Carlos Llamacho
On 6/18/13, 5:55 PM

You can also do it quite simply. If you Activate Developer Mode, usually is found in the preferences of your accout, you can access menu in the form that you want to change with options like Debug View#XXXX, View Fields, etc.

In there you can look for the option that allows you to edit the view within OpenERP, and thus eliminating the steps of going through the source files. I find it simpler.

All that remains is to look for the word you want to replace and do it.

Thierry Godin
On 6/18/13, 3:52 PM

Just add a string attr to the field like below :

<field name="my_field" string="My phrase here"/>

And go to Configuration -> Installed Modules -> click on the module you have modified, then click "Update"

Hope this help. Regards.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/18/13, 5:24 AM
Seen: 1192 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM