Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error while installing Purchase Landing Costs

By
Roger Aspire
on 1/14/14, 4:02 AM 1,079 views

I got an error while installing "Purchase Landing Costs" module from OpenERP 7 (using Ubuntu 13.10. OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/'

How can I install this module ?

Roger Aspire
On 1/14/14, 9:35 PM

Its already having the write access -

drwxr-xr-x 210 root root 12288 Dec 5 14:40 addons

Is there any workaround - instead installing it from front end, I can install it from back end using putty? Pls refer to "purchase_landing_costs" page on openerp website.

Repository lp:~mentis-openerp/openerpsl/7.0

Rajesh Kudre
On 1/14/14, 9:31 PM

Its already having write access -

drwxr-xr-x 210 root root 12288 Dec 5 14:40 addons

Is there any work around - instead installing from the front end, I can install it using back end (putty)? Pls refer to url "purchase_landing_costs" on openerp website.

Repository lp:~mentis-openerp/openerpsl/7.0

Appreciate your support on this matter. Thanks!

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 1/14/14, 10:54 AM

You should modify the permissions to the /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/ directory. You should ask your sysadmin to give you the write permissions to the directory. Or you can do it yourself with the next command:

sudo chmod +w /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/14/14, 4:02 AM
Seen: 1079 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM