This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

I am using OpenERP 7 on centos 6.3 and I am getting the following error, when I try to change the password(From Users->Chnage password option) of users having administrative rights, I am getting the following error. Even I get this error the password gets changed. When I logout I have to login with new password. I have created multiple admin used and I get the same error when I try to change password.

PS: I am able to change the password from the "User Preferences" option without any error.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

===========================================

Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "/tmp/openerp-7.0-20130310-002109/openerp/addons/web/http.py", line 203, in dispatch response["result"] = method(self, *self.params) File "/tmp/openerp-7.0-20130310-002109/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1074, in call_kw return self._call_kw(req, model, method, args, kwargs) File "/tmp/openerp-7.0-20130310-002109/openerp/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 1058, in _call_kw names = dict(req.session.model(model).name_get(args[0], *kwargs)) File "/tmp/openerp-7.0-20130310-002109/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 43, in proxy result = self.proxy.execute_kw(self.session._db, self.session._uid, self.session._password, self.model, method, args, kw) File "/tmp/openerp-7.0-20130310-002109/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 31, in proxy_method result = self.session.send(self.service_name, method, *args) File "/tmp/openerp-7.0-20130310-002109/openerp/addons/web/session.py", line 98, in send raise xmlrpclib.Fault('AccessDenied', openerp.tools.ustr(e))

Server Access denied.

=========================================

Discard
Best Answer

When you try to change password of current login User From (Users-> Change password) option then only you get this error. Because of password used in session variable (generated at login time).If you change the password of current user ,you need to regenerate that variable. And this will happen only at login time.

At the time of getting error your password is saved but session variable is not updated. So after getting error when you refresh page. you will redirect to login page and now you need to enter changed password.

What happen if you change password of current login user from User Preferences.After changing password from here you automatically redirect to login page without getting error.

so i prefer change password from User Preferences if you want to change password of Current login user

Discard
Author

Thank you for the clarification Parth. I was searching for a reason for the error, because I experienced it with multiple installation. Now it is clear.. :)