Odoo Help

Error: the status of the extension is unknown

v7
By
Dale E. Moore
on 10/29/13, 8:33 PM 4,429 views

Is it naive of me to assume that base_report_designer works in version 7? I'm using

root@QnD:~# cat /etc/issue Ubuntu 13.10 \n \l

base_report_designer.zip 116009 bytes

LibreOffice version Version: 4.1.2.3 Build ID: 410m0(Build:3)

And after following the OpenOffice Report Designer (base_report_designer) installation procedures LibreOffice complains "Error: the status of the extension is unknown" and the Enable button gets

< class 'SyntaxError' >: invalid syntax (OpenERPReport.py, line 36), traceback follows
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/pythonloader.py:102 in function getModuleFromUrl() [codeobject = compile( src, encfile(filename), "exec" )]
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/pythonloader.py:149 in function writeRegistryInfo() [mod = self.getModuleFromUrl( locationUrl )]

to get rid of the failing base_report_designer extension I have to eradicate LibreOffice from my system then re-install.

Any suggestions you have are very much appreciated!

Another system works fine

daletest@Bubbles4:~$ cat /etc/issue

Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS \n \l

base_report_designer.zip 116009 bytes

LibreOffice 3.5.7.2 Build ID: 350m1(Build:2)

Moore Works, Dale E. Moore
on 10/30/13, 11:16 AM
Dale E. Moore
On 1/7/14, 2:43 PM

Thanks to Sébastien Versailles (sve) here for a post which says OpenOffice Report Designer version up to 0.1 (base_report_designer.zip 116009 bytes) works with OpenOffice or LibreOffice version 3.6 but not 4.0.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/29/13, 8:33 PM
Seen: 4429 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM