Odoo Help

Error: The selected account of your Journal Entry forces to provide a secondary currency. You should remove the secondary curren

By
Guimaya
on 5/27/14, 5:22 PM 2,070 views

Hi,

I'm asking this with little hope,  but I'll give it a shot.

Here is my scenario: I need to register a payment from a client; both the account and journal have USD as secondary currency (default currency is CRC) and before someone ask the pricelist for this client is in USD as well.

When I try to make a payment I get the warning "Error: The selected account of your Journal Entry forces to provide a secondary currency. You should remove the secondary currency on the account or select a multi-currency view on the journal".

I Checked everything several times. I had the problem before but by removing any secondary currency, normally fixed the problem; HOWEVER this time I need my secondary currency which I previously setup in accounting confuguration, and yes, I enabled multicurrency.

Thanks in advance.

Guimaya
On 5/28/14, 12:40 PM

Ok the problem was the secondary currency in an account involved in the payment process... the exchange loss-gain account. So when anyone get this problem, it is probably a good idea to check all accounts for incorrect  or misplaced secondary currencies.

Nihat Demir
On 12/25/16, 11:31 AM

Chart of Account > Go to your account that you get error > Look for Account Currency > Remove currency if it is same as company currency. It can only be different currency than your company default currency. NOTE: If you cant see account currency in chart of account > the account form, it is because it is HIDDEN in form view. You need to edit the form and make it visible.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/27/14, 5:22 PM
Seen: 2070 times
Last updated: 3/17/17, 4:19 AM