This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I have a seriou problem sending emails with my host Smtp account,

here are the steps

1. setup smtp account on outgoing email server on operner,test it and it says everything seems perfect.

2. click on a customers profile form and send a message/email to customer

i go ahead to check the server log and i see the error

SMTPRecipientsRefused: {'xxxxxxx@hotmail.com': (550, 'Verification failed for <bounce-148-res.partner-52@xxxx.com>\nNo Such User Here\nSender verify failed')} 2014-12-27 07:38:42,598 2324 ERROR 92Trade_Limited openerp.addons.mail.mail_mail: failed sending mail.mail 148 Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/odoo1/odoo1-server/addons/mail/mail_mail.py", line 303, in send context=context) File "/opt/odoo1/odoo1-server/openerp/api.py", line 237, in wrapper return old_api(self, *args, **kwargs) File "/opt/odoo1/odoo1-server/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_mail_server.py", line 485, in send_email raise MailDeliveryException(_("Mail Delivery Failed"), msg)

so i go ahead and contact my hosting provider just to confirm where the issue is and they tell me

The issues is that when an email is sent or delivered to your xxxx.com account, the addressed is matched to determine if it is a legitatmate mail item. This is to prevent spam.

The address used: bounce-140-res.partner-52@xxxxx.com is not a valid cPanel email account, and so the sender verification fails:

SMTPRecipientsRefused: {'xxxxx@gmail.com': (550, 'Verification failed for
\nNo Such User Here\nSender verify
failed')}

openerp does not take the email address of the user that is registered when it is sending the email instead it takes bounce-140-res.partner-52@xxxxx.com

And since that address is not registered on the hosting server the email is never sent.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? why cant i send mails using my hosting smtp server and why does openerp not take the email address of the user. I have read every book and description on the internet about openerp emails but cannot find a fix to this.

Please someone help me.

Discard
Best Answer

set the System Parameters:

mail.catchall.domain = yourdomain.xx
mail.catchall.alias = account-alias

then the smpt_from will be set to account-alias@yourdomain.xx ... and it will be accepted by the smtp. had the same problem with owa, gmail isn't that picky...

Discard
Best Answer

seams you have similar problem as in this bug described:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/3347

Discard
Best Answer

Check for "Sender Verification" with your host!

Exim Configuration Manager -- ControlF for "Sender Verification"

disable => senders verifications

Discard

But if a mail really bounces, then the bounce message will never find the way back as long as you do not have set up a catchall address. And if you have set up a catchall address, the bounce return-path will go through and the message will be sent properly.