Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error Sending an email (sending a quotation)

Ricardo José Ochoa
on 8/2/14, 4:31 PM 1,725 views

I´m trying to send an emal, a quotation to be specific, from sales module. I've created a quotation for a client and I want to send her an email with the file of the quotation attached, but when I click on "send" button, Openerp shows this:

Client Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\http.py", line 204, in dispatch File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 1128, in call_kw File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\controllers\main.py", line 1120, in _call_kw File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 42, in proxy File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 30, in proxy_method File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 103, in send Server Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\web\session.py", line 89, in send File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\.\openerp\netsvc.py", line 296, in dispatch_rpc File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\.\openerp\service\web_services.py", line 626, in dispatch File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 190, in execute_kw File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 132, in wrapper File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 199, in execute File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\.\openerp\osv\osv.py", line 187, in execute_cr File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\openerp\addons\mail\mail_message.py", line 747, in create File "C:\Program Files\OpenERP 7.0\Server\server\.\openerp\tools\mail.py", line 325, in generate_tracking_message_id UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf1 in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)

I don't know what it means and what to do to solve. I'll be so greatful if somebody helps me with this.

I found the problem. I solved changing the name of the PC (server) where is intalled the software. The name that it had was "diseño", so the "ñ" was the problem, now I called the PC with "diseno" and problem is over. Anyway, thanks for the answers.

Ricardo José Ochoa
on 10/19/14, 7:28 PM
Mariusz Mizgier
On 8/2/14, 6:26 PM

Check your message template, you must have used unicode signs instead of unicode ones, either modify your quotation template or mail.py generate_tracking_message_id function to accept unicode letters.

Ben Bernard

--Ben Bernard--
| 4 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ben Bernard--
Ben Bernard
On 8/3/14, 9:57 PM

I believe @Mariusz answer is correct. What you can do is to see every input field in your sales form and if you see any weird (unicode) character, then can try to remove it or change it to standar ascii code. It can happen if you copy and paste from other editor.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/2/14, 4:31 PM
Seen: 1725 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM