Odoo Help

Error on sending password reset instructions

By
Roberto Barreiro
on 5/7/15, 1:01 PM 1,103 views

Hello, I have the following problem with odoo8.On configuration -> users, I make click on the link "send reset password instructions" and I get this error:

Mail Delivery Failed

Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'smtp-02.piensasolutions.com'.

MTPRecipientsRefused: {'pikas@gmx.es': (553, '5.7.1 <bounce-16-res.users-8@disgal.es>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user roberto@disgal.es')}.

How to solve this issue?

Thanks in advice.

This could be a result of incorrect email configuration. Try this: Check the email id that is set in your company's details (company setup / edit company). Check if that Id has a corresponding outgoing email server configured. Test the connection. Try to resend the password reset instructions.

Intigra Technolab
on 5/10/15, 1:22 PM

I have the same problem: 5.7.1 <postmaster-odoo@wargame.be>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user info@wargame.be postmaster-odoo@wargame.be

ITmetre, Arnaud Fromentin
on 2/18/16, 7:58 AM

I could solve it installing the mail_sender_patch addon.

Roberto Barreiro
on 2/18/16, 9:47 AM
Arnaud Fromentin
On 2/18/16, 9:12 AM

Hello, I' ve resolved the problem in declaring the bridge email address with  the "catchall" mention.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/7/15, 1:01 PM
Seen: 1103 times
Last updated: 2/18/16, 9:46 AM