Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Error on sending password reset instructions

By
Roberto Barreiro
on 5/7/15, 1:01 PM 745 views

Hello, I have the following problem with odoo8.On configuration -> users, I make click on the link "send reset password instructions" and I get this error:

Mail Delivery Failed

Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'smtp-02.piensasolutions.com'.

MTPRecipientsRefused: {'pikas@gmx.es': (553, '5.7.1 <bounce-16-res.users-8@disgal.es>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user roberto@disgal.es')}.

How to solve this issue?

Thanks in advice.

This could be a result of incorrect email configuration. Try this: Check the email id that is set in your company's details (company setup / edit company). Check if that Id has a corresponding outgoing email server configured. Test the connection. Try to resend the password reset instructions.

Intigra Technolab
on 5/10/15, 1:22 PM

I have the same problem: 5.7.1 <postmaster-odoo@wargame.be>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user info@wargame.be postmaster-odoo@wargame.be

ITmetre, Arnaud Fromentin
on 2/18/16, 7:58 AM

I could solve it installing the mail_sender_patch addon.

Roberto Barreiro
on 2/18/16, 9:47 AM
Arnaud Fromentin
On 2/18/16, 9:12 AM

Hello, I' ve resolved the problem in declaring the bridge email address with  the "catchall" mention.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/7/15, 1:01 PM
Seen: 745 times
Last updated: 2/18/16, 9:46 AM